Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thanks Gwen! (For the Young Women Ideas)

I don't know how many of you know, but I'm currently Young Women's President in my ward at church. As a YW Presidency, have been hunting for new ideas of things to do with the girls. From searching online to asking friends from other wards. I just happen to steal a few ideas from one of my good friends Gwen. Here are some of the activities we've done from some of those ideas. (THANKS AGAIN GWEN!)

One activity was tropical Spa Night, were the girls relaxed to tropical music as they pampered themselves.


The girls really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere.


We had a "Pedicure" station, for complete pampering of the feet.

A "Make Up" station to try out a new look.


A "Manicure" station to show off those beautiful hands.



Another activity was "You're Worth 100 Grand".
(*The treat at the end was 100 Grand candy bars.)
We had the Young Women design temple wedding dresses using bathroom tissue. The key is, they had to be creative but maintain a modest flare. We had a fashion show at the end to showcase our designs to their mothers. They did a great job and were very stylish too!
This design was a team effort.

These two teamed up to show off their design as well.

Overall, I think the Young Women got the purpose of the activity and it turned out great!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Thanks for the shout out!!! I'm glad your activities worked out for you guys...NICE! The wedding "tissue dresses" are always a hit. We did it when I served in YW a few years ago. Then, it was an activity at a bridal shower last year. A couple of months ago we did it again in our ward for an activity. It is always such a fun activity!