Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Happy Turkey Day


As I sit here to type, I smell our Thankgiving hen cooking in the oven. My mom (Tiffani's mom) is here with Ed & I to celebrate our first Thanksgiving in Oklahoma. She helped cut up veggies and prepare to stuff the hen with carrots, celery and a small apple. I got a tip from a co-worker that stuffing an apple inside the chicken/turkey will help it to stay moist and add a little sweetness to the meat. I'm excited to see if it works! The weather is great 60 degrees here. After we are all done stuffing our faces this afternoon, we plan on going to Robbers Cave, a beautiful state park, to walk around and check out the natural scenery. Mom has never been there, but I think she'll love it, because she loves the outside. As I have my family here for this holiday, I really am thankful for so much. To name just a few things, a supportive husband, a loving family, a wonderful home, a great job, and great friends. I hope all of you enjoy your Thanksgiving, too!

No comments: